Travel locally for free with your Mason ID using the CUE Bus!
- The CUE Bus is a bus service operated by the City of Fairfax, which Mason subsidizes so that with your Mason ID, you can ride free. There are two routes – the green and the gold. In addition to destinations around the City of Fairfax, both routes also travel to the Vienna Metro. There is a CUE bus stop on the Mason Fairfax Campus next to Rappahannock River Parking Deck.
- You can track the CUE buses in real time by visiting the Fairfax City website and searching for “city apps”. You can also download Transit App for Android.
- Mason offers 6 shuttle routes including free shuttles from campus to the Vienna metro (one from Sandy Creek Transit Center; the other from the Global Center), to/from the Burke VRE train station, between the Fairfax and the SciTech campuses, between the Fairfax Campus and area shopping centers and to/from the West Campus. Shuttle schedules are available on GMU Shuttles website. Please note that during holidays, school breaks, and over the summer the shuttle schedule is adjusted.
- You can track the shuttles in real time by downloading the RideSystems app or visiting Mason Ryde System page to see when the next shuttle is arriving. For an overview of the RideSystems app, please see GMU Shuttle website.
- Lot K has free parking over the weekends. In order to park, be sure to print out the free permit from My Parking Portal
- There is free parking near the fieldhouse and at University Mall, however, parking availability is not always guaranteed. Be sure to consider travel time to the main campus if you choose to park near the field house or at University Mall
- Parking Pass: Parking pass can be purchased a few weeks before school starts. Many off-campus students purchase the general lots parking pass as it is affordable and offers various parking locations. There are also cheaper parking pass options available if students do not need to go to campus often.