Refugee Resettlement Agencies in Northern Virginia
- Ethiopian Community Development Council, DC Metro, Arlington (ECDC): Refugees settlement agency located in Arlington, Virginia and Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington: Offers citizenship and legal services, refugee resettlement services, English classes, and workforce development trainings.
- Lutheran Social Services, National Capital Area: Services include housing assistance, case management, job training and placement, and immigration services throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
- Afghan Newcomers Information and Resources – Fairfax County, Virginia
Classes and Programs
- Arlington Community Outreach Program: “The Community Outreach Program is a multicultural program promoting self-sufficiency and community belonging through neighborhood educational programs and services for newly arrived and low-income Arlington County residents”
- Virtual and In-Person Citizenship Classes: Contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-228-1198 with any questions.
- English classes provided by the Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP)
- Computer classes
- Job readiness training
- Spanish literacy classes
- Food and nutrition classes
- Health screenings and presentations
- The Literacy Council of Northern Virginia: “Helps adults learn basic skills of reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English so they can access employment and educational opportunities and more fully and equitably participate in the community”
- Adult English Language Learners (ELL) Program – Alexandria City Public School: “ELL classes are available for adults 18+, non-native speakers of English who are residents or visitors of the United States. The program consists of six levels of reading, writing, speaking, and listening in sessions held daily in the morning and evening”
- The Career Pathways Program: Assist participants in employment services program for refugees, SIVs, and approved asylees. Services include resume development, interviewing practice, case management. For more information, please visit the website or contact email@example.com.
- Upwardly Global: “Upwardly Global’s mission is to eliminate employment barriers for immigrant and refugee professionals and advance the inclusion of their skills into the U.S. economy.”
- Catholic Charities Migration and Refugee Services (MRS): Available for refugee and asylee living in Northern Virginia up to 5 years after arrival or asylum approval. Services includes resume building, computer and technical career training, interview preparations and more! Catholic Charities Migration and Refugee Services (MRS). For more information regarding any of these services, please contact Dilprasad Basnet by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit one of the offices listed on the website.
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC): “The Virginia Employment Commission (VEC), a partner in the Virginia Workforce Network, is the public employment service established to assist employers in finding qualified workers and to assist workers in finding suitable jobs. There are no fees charged to the employer or applicant for services.”
- MAP Clinics: Provide medical services to uninsured residents regardless of citizenship status. For information and appointments, please visit the website.
- Phone Number: 703-993-5880
- FAMIS: Provide health insurance to children under 19 years-old and pregnant women who are uninsured and are not eligible for Medicaid.
- Call 1-866-87FAMIS (1.866.873.2647) or visit www.virginia.gov to apply
- Neighborhood Health: Accepts most insurance plans including Medicaid and Medicare. Discounts are available for those who make less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level and does not have health insurance
- Inova Cares Clinic for Families (ICCF): Provides medical services to those who are uninsured in Alexandria, Annandale, Manassas and Sterling. Also serve patients who qualify for Medicaid, FAMIS, or Inova’s Financial Assistance Program. For the clinic’s information, please view the flyer.
- Additional Medical Resources